Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Early Graduation Gift


Way back in the day, back when I was in high school, Mom and I made a deal. She promised that when I graduated college she would buy me a car. Y'know, that parenting method of bribing one's children to get them to do what you want? ;)

Well, I'm a few days away from graduation and we bought a car! I researched the Nissan Rogue extensively before selecting it. At first I wanted a Toyota Prius, but as time passed I came to realize that I needed more cargo space than the Prius offered. Plus I wanted All Wheel Drive and I need to be able to tow a Uhaul trailer in a week. So there ya go.

A new friend of mine has already given it a nickname too. Her Royal Highness's Hoth Assault Vehicle. Chris suggested I get vanity plates that read 'Rogue 2' for both the self referentiality and for the Empire Strikes Back reference. I think I might try for 'Leader' first just because the ass end of my car will then read 'Rogue Leader.' I'm a geek.

1 comment:

  1. Because they make you choose alternates on the vanity plate application, L34D3R. R0GUE 2 is good, too.

    ReplyDelete